Thursday, April 21, 2011

Source of joy

I'm veering away from my usual topics today as I decided when I woke up this morning to make a post about this GOD-sent creature which has brought my family such joy and happiness since arriving in Dec, 2010.

Guys, meet my dog, BOGZY.


Isn't he the cutest thing?

He's a Lhasa Apso. When we got him, we thought he was a shitzu because he was so tiny, he fit in my hand.

I am no dog expert. But you know what? I was able to train him to do so many things:

He obeys orders like "STAY" (he'd stay put and not move until I say "OK"); He won't touch his food or water until I say "OK". He recognizes the word "Stop", and "Go", and "Come".

I taught him how to "Sit" on command; and "Lay down"; and "Touch" (he touches with his nose anything i point my finger at); and  "Shake hands" (he offers his paw for you to shake).

I love it that he knows how to FETCH. I throw anything, and he'd fetch it on command. He'd return it back to me if i say "Dito". Or on his stubborn days, I'd need to ask him to "Drop it" or "Release", and he'd do just that.

BUT THE BEST PART?

He is toilet-trained. As in he goes "wiwi" and "pupu" all by himself on his litter box inside our bathroom. Because my wife does the wiping, he'd let her know he did his deed and thus now needs to be wiped by barking at us. He is not a barker. So the very few times he does so, we know in our household that something needs to be cleaned. Hehe

(Note: I used the crate-training method I discovered in the internet. It took me close to 2 months before finally allowing him to roam around the house unsupervised)

He is my alarm clock in the morning, almost always knowing it's time for me to wake up. Not barking or whining at all, he'd nudge me with his paw, to let me know he's already awake. He's an affectionate fellow who loves being cuddled and attended to. He is such a sweetheart. He seems sad everytime me and the wife leaves him for work, but gets real excited and happy and ecstatic when he hears us at the door after a day's work.

If we have to take him along with us for any travel, he is so behaved inside the car. Just looking out the window, maybe asking for pedestrians and people outside for attention. Or when sleepy, crawls on our lap to snooze.

He loves fruits and vegetables. Not a picky eater at all. He loves it when you hand-feed him, rather than him eating on his plate. He loves peanut butter, and hopia and rice cakes.

He does not play around with the electrical cords inside the house, but lovs playing with shoelaces. I cannot fathom how he does that. Like he knows the cords aren't toys.

He loves his bouncing ball and his squeaky toys, and his panda bear stuffy.

I have seen strange things in my lifetime. I never thought i'd experience this. We've actually fallen in love with a dog.

Here are some more pix:

He sits this way. So funny. Only one leg is stretched out.


 Ponytails to the rescue. So he'd see better.

He's amused at seeing his video for the 1st time





Sleeps like a person



Always behaved inside the car
 Sleepy puppy

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. awww.... i love this post! i'm a dog-admirer/lover (but not really to the point of having them sleep with me as my officemate does-5 big ones pa). Dogs are lovable, Ron. most faithful friend-animal you would find on earth. Sadly, I recently lost my pitbull-labrador one. I'm glad you have this dog who brings smile and joy to you and your family. galing ng training! is it because of his breed? or effective trainer ka talaga? if you're the latter,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one! does he have a sister?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY anonymous and ms bacabac.

    No, i am not a trainer at all. I didn't know nga na dogs can be easy to train e. Well, this dog, specifically.

    When we got him, i was praying to God na kahit wala na syang alam na tricks, basta ma-toilet train lang sya. Guess what? He answered my prayer plus so many extra.

    Now i know why people get so attached. Dogs are so lovable!

    ReplyDelete

Comment here, please. Thanks!